The Women’s March On Denver is not just for women, it is for anyone who wants to be seen in solidarity for human rights and environmental protection.
Please join us for the Women’s March on Denver Saturday, January 21st from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
At this pivotal time in history, as individuals and as Unitarian Universalists, we want to stand up and be counted among those who made a difference!! Our plan is to meet at a central location in Castle Rock to get grounded in a spiritual mode and build focus prior to carpooling to the rally. (We are also looking into the possibility of chartering a bus.)
The mission of the Women’s March closely reflects our UUA principles:
1) All women shall maintain the freedom and lawful protection to choose what is best for them as it concerns their biological and reproductive health.
2) The diverse and vibrant communities of the United States of America shall be protected from political factions that would seek to inhibit their expression and existence by implementing legal restrictions on personal freedoms. These diverse and vibrant communities are the fabric of our great country and shall not be torn by hateful, divisive, and racist rhetoric or actions.
3) All people, regardless of gender, gender identification, ethnicity, racial heritage, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation and/or socioeconomic status shall be treated equally and equitably, with respect, dignity and justice for all.
It’s time to get organized and be counted. The bigger the group, the bigger the impact. We hope you’ll join us!
Please R.S.V.P. by Monday, January 2nd by copying and pasting the lines that apply to your email response addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Yes! Count me in!
- I’m interested in carpooling
- I’d prefer it if someone else drives
- I’m happy to drive and can take ___ people in my vehicle
- I want to go, but cannot commit to the full day. My preference is to attend from ___ to ___.
- I would like to volunteer to provide leadership in grounding our group in a spiritual mode and to build focus.
- I want to volunteer to make hand-held signs for the event (choose your date(s)):
- Friday, January 6th at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, January 7th at 10 a.m.
- Sunday, January 7th at 1 p.m.
- I’d like to show my support by (Prices are at cost with a minimum total order of 10 each. Please send in your order ASAP to have in time for the event.):
- Purchasing a 2.25” CRUUC button to identify my Community at $2.00 each.
- Purchasing a 3.5” CRUUC button for $3.50 each.
- Purchasing a CRUUC bumper sticker with the ___ UU Principle for $2.50 each.
- Sorry I can’t make it.
- I’m already planning to attend with _________________________ group.